SpringSource dm Server is a completely module-based Java application server that is designed to run enterprise Java applications and Spring-powered applications with a high degree of flexibility and reliability. It offers a simple yet comprehensive platform to develop, deploy, and service enterprise Java applications.
dm Server has been contributed to the Eclipse Foundation as the Virgo project. dm Server users are encouraged to upgrade to Virgo 2.1.0 to take advantage of performance and stability improvements.
Key Capabilities Include:
- Admin console - deploy and manage artifacts, examine diagnostic dumps, and examine bundle wiring, either in the live system or from a resolution failure
- Equinox console extension - manage Virgo and deployed artifacts
- Plans - define the artifacts that comprise an application, optionally making the application atomic to tie the artifact lifecycles together, and scoped to isolate the application from other applications
- Provisioning - automatically supply the dependencies of an application including bundles, plans, plan archives (PARs), and configurations, from both local and remote repositories
- Web container - supports vanilla WAR files, with all their dependencies in WEB-INF/lib, and Web Application Bundles, that import their dependencies via OSGi manifest metadata, via the embedded Tomcat-based reference implementation of the OSGi WebContainer specification, configured using the standard Tomcat server.xml
- User region - isolates the kernel from user-installed applications and enables admins to focus on application artifacts and their dependencies without seeing those of the kernel as well
- Spring 3 - Virgo packages Spring 3.0 final, but can easily be configured to use a different version of Spring
- Hot deployment - deploy artifacts to Virgo by copying them into the pickup directory, either in archive or exploded form, as an alternative to deploying via the admin console
- Logging - via embedded LogBack, configured in config/serviceability.xml, with a rich set of appenders available out of the box
Virgo 2.1.x.RELEASE is an official release which enables straightforward migration from dm Server 2.0.x to an equally stable base. All dm Server users are encouraged to migrate to Virgo.
SpringSource dm Server 2.0.5.RELEASE (compatible with Sun Java 6+)
- Download (sha1)
- Release Notes
- Upgrade to Tomcat 6.0.32 to pick up security and bug fixes.
SpringSource dm Server 1.0.2.SR02 (compatible with Sun Java 5+)
SpringSource dm Server has no milestone
The dm Server project publishes snapshots. Snapshots are created when code has changed to warrant it.
dm Server uses the following licenses for it’s distributables. Please see the FAQ for more information.
dm Server uses JIRA for issue management. Please go there to vote on existing issues or open new issues.
dm Server is hosted in SpringSource Git repositories. You can clone it anonymously or view it using Fisheye.