Project Status: Incubator (what does this mean?)
Welcome to the Spring Surf extension project. Spring Surf is a view composition framework for Spring MVC that plugs into your existing Spring applications. It provides a scriptable and content-centric approach to building web applications.
You can drop Spring Surf right into your existing Spring web applications or you can begin building new Spring Surf applications using SpringSource Tool Suite or Spring Roo's command-line magic.
Spring Surf provides several useful modules for developers, including the following:
- Surf - A scriptable, content-oriented framework for defining pages, templates, components and layout of a web application
- Web Scripts - A scriptable, content-oriented framework for building remote REST interfaces
- Web Editor - A visual design environment for Spring applications including plugins for drag-and-drop assembly of Surf pages and in-context editing for CMIS repositories
- Spring Roo Add-on - A command-driven installation and generation of Surf scripts and configuration for either new or existing Spring projects
- SpringSource Tool Suite Plugin - Wizards and additional template types for Spring Surf projects
- Sample Sites - Spring 3.0 PetClinic and Spring 3.0 Spring Travel sample sites (built and delivered using Surf)
- PHP and Groovy scripting for Spring Web Applications - Mix and match technologies as required to quickly assemble and delivery your Spring MVC web application
Current Release: 1.0.0 RC1
Spring Surf 1.0.0 RC1 is now available! Release date - October 1st, 2010.
These Maven assets are hosted on the Spring Extensions Milestone Maven repository.
Please visit http://www.springsurf.org for all of the project downloads.
This is the nightly integration snapshot.
These Maven assets are hosted on the Spring Extensions Snapshot Maven repository.
Nightly integration downloads are available at http://www.springsurf.org
If you're interested in nightly snapshot reports on the nightly build process, you may find what you're looking for under Continuous Integration.
Documentation and Reading
Community Participation and Feedback
The Spring Surf project has reached its first milestone but we still have an exciting road ahead of us before our final release. We're very eager to involve the community and to solicit feedback for thoughts and ideas on how we can improve Surf. If you're interested in being involved, please participate on the forums, submit issues, write code or let us know what role you would like to play!