Greenhouse is a web application built for the Spring community that has two primary goals:
- Serve as a open-source, public-facing reference and driver for Spring technology, including Spring MVC, Security, Integration, and the new Spring Social and Mobile projects.
- Help foster and support our passionate application developer community through the development of useful community services.
- An OAuth-based "App Framework" that allows Developers to develop new client apps for which users may establish Account->App connections.
- An OAuth-based "Service Provider Framework" that allows new ServiceProviders to be installed for which users may establish Account->ServiceProvider connections.
- The ability to connect your local Greenhouse Account to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TripIt ServiceProviders.
- Member Sign Up, Sign In, and Reset Password Modules.
- A Member Invite Module allowing you to invite your Facebook friends and email contacts.
- A Member Badge (Award) System that rewards members for community participation.
- A native Greenhouse for iPhone Client (also available in the Apple app store).
- A native Greenhouse for Android Client (also available in the Android marketplace).
- A mobile web version of the app that can be used across multiple smartphone platforms.
- A Group Event Management Module that powered SpringOne2gx Chicago; and in the future may power Spring events world-wide.
- Numerous Spring Framework contributions in the areas of DI (Environment-specific Beans and Profiles), Security (Password Encoding and Data Encryption), Data (S3 File Storage and RDMS Migrations), Web (Email Templating, Flash Map, and Comet).
- An agile Continuous Deployment CI Process.