Another great week for good, deep content. Most of the items on the list this week are best enjoyed with a nice cup of coffee and a nice, comfy chair. :-) Enjoy!
SpringSource will be presenting a free webinar - Getting Started with Spring and SpringSource Tool Suite - this Thursday.
The presentation will give experienced folks a look at some of the new methodologies, and will give newcomers to the technology a chance to get started with it and move quickly into productive application development. Additionally, attendees will have a chance to ask questions of the presenter and panelists. The webinar will be presented twice, once for Europe, and once for North America. I hope to see you there!
- Spring MVC lead Keith Donald's video introducing Spring MVC 3 from SpringOne2GX is up on InfoQ.com. Great video with lots of information in just 90 short minutes. Check it out!
- Craig Walls posts this week on Extending Spring Social's Service Provider Framework, this time introducing an example integration with the Netflix API. Very informative post, and inspiring - I couldn't help but have exciting ideas for applications pop into my head when I was reading it.
- This VMware whitepaper provides a pretty good look at the migrating from a Java EE application server to the leaner, more powerful SpringSource tcServer. It makes for some fascinating reading - and highlights some very interesting information. Check it out!
- The whitepaper exploring a migration from a Java EE application to tcServer has a companion in this VMware whitepaper, that talks about the migration from Tomcat to tcServer. Pretty exciting!
- This blog post introduces high thoroughput, asynchronous Servlet 3.0 applications. The post is useful for people using Tomcat or tcServer, particularly, because they represent the largest Servlet 3.0-compatible install base, by far.