Visit our blog
News & Events
This Week in Spring: February 14th, 2012
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring. Lot's of good content to go over, this week, so let's get to it.
Also: if you're in Stockholm, Sweden attending the JFokus Java conference, be sure to stop by the VMWare booth to say hi or have your questions answered about Spring,
Cloud Foundry, and vFabric.
- Alan Stewart has announced the release of Spring Roo 1.2.1, which includes fixes for multi-module Maven projects,
huge performance enhancements, and updated support for PrimeFaces 3.1 and Google App Engine 1.6.2.
- Oliver Gierke has announced that JPA 1.1.0 RC1 and 1.0.3 GA have been released. Among the many new features, the release includes support for locking,
@IdClass in entities,
False keywords in query methods,
added CDI integration for Spring Data repositories,
and improved parameter binding for derived queries for null values.
In this video from SpringOne 2GX 2011,
Josh Long and
Roy Clarkson introduce
Native Android Development Practices
using the Spring Android project.
In another video from SpringOne2GX,
Dr. David Syer discusses identity management with Spring Security. He covers Single Sign On, security standards (including SAML, OpenID, OAuth, SCIM, JWT), how Spring Security can fit in, as well as demoing IdM as a service.
Last week, Jason Weathersby and Josh Long put together an introduction to using BIRT and Spring together.
BIRT's a fantastic technology for doing business intelligence and reporting, and Spring already knows about your data, so connecting them is a natural next step. Enjoy!
- Tobias Flohre is back with not one, but two great posts on Spring! The first, a follow up to his series on business component architectures introduces properties and their use in Spring 3.1.
The second post, on geospatial queries in Spring Data MongoDB, is a fantastic look at
both geolocation, and the specific application from Spring Data MongoDB.
- The Java CodeGeeks have a great post on securing your resources with Spring Security OAuth.
This post is not to be missed!
- The YouTube channel, SpringTutorial, has put together a high-level overview introduction of several vFabric technologies including Hyperic, tcServer, and GemFire. Good content, and worth a look for your production needs.
Our monthly newsletter is packed full of techniques, tutorials, tips and tricks to get you on your way to Spring nirvana. View Archive