News and announcements
Dear Spring Community,
We are delighted to announce the release of Spring LDAP 1.3.0.RC1. This is a release candidate for the 1.3.0 version, a major release containing several heavily requested new features as well as a substantial number of bug fixes.
Download | API Docs | Reference Docs
Detailed information regarding some of the major new features and bug fixes can be found here. The Change Log contains a complete list of all changes in this release.
Since this is a release candidate it is not published to the main Maven repository. It is however available from the Spring Framework milestone repository. Refer to the Spring LDAP home page for information on how to access Spring LDAP 1.3.0.RC1 from Maven.
Feedback and Bug Reports
Any comments should be posted to the Spring LDAP support forum. Bugs and feature requests should be reported to the Jira issue tracker.
Mattias Arthursson & Ulrik Sandberg, Spring LDAP Project Team
The Spring Day Brussel is a Spring focused day that will highlight the Spring Portfolio and the new SpringSource dm Server. The session will be held at the unique Brussels Marriot Hotel on the 14th of November and will start at 13.30 PM. This day will feature:
- Alef Arendsen, co-founder of Spring, will explain attendees the whereabouts of the Spring Portfolio.
- Joris Kuipers, SpringSource dm Server specialist, will inform attendees about the new SpringSource dm Server. Attendees will walk away with a solid understanding of how to develop and deploy next generation web applications on the S2AP.
Register as soon as possible since there are only limited seats available for this day. More information can be found at the event website.
On the 13th of November, Paris will be the stage for Les Rencontres Spring. This free Spring event will feature:
- Juergen Hoeller, Spring Framework co-founder, with a preview of Spring 3.0. During his talk Juergen will inform the attendees about the upgrade path from Spring 2.5 to Spring 3.0, the Spring comprehensive annotation-based component model and much more.
- Peter Cooper-Ellis will be present at Les Rencontres Spring to explain the roadmap for a number of key SpringSource products and open source projects including: SpringSource dm Server, Tomcat and Spring Enterprise.
- Apache Tomcat expert Mark Thomas will also be present at the event to explain how to tune both the application and Apache Tomcat.
Les Rencontres Spring is a free event. Register now!
The SpringOne Americas 2008 conference in Hollywood, FL is the best place to get all the latest information on Spring projects and SpringSource products. The conference will focus on in-depth technical presentations, customer case studies, and practical, technical advice for developers, architects and administrators. The session schedule has just been updated to include more sessions on core Spring, SpringSource dm Server, Spring Integration and lots more.
Be sure to register now and check out the video below of Rod Johnson's session on Dependency Injection from last year.
Rod Johnson: The State of the Art in Dependency Injection
In this session from the 2007 The Spring Experience, Rod Johnson discusses the current state of the art in dependency injection (DI) for enterprise Java. Rod reviews
SpringOne Americas 2008 has more than seventy sessions like this one.
- Innovations provided by DI
- Current options available in Spring 2.5
- How to use Java 5 annotation for injection to reduce XML configuration
- How Spring DI provides much more flexibility than other solutions
We are pleased to announce that Spring .NET 1.2.0 RC1 has been released.
Download | Support | Documentation | Changelog
This release contains the following features:
- WCF Integration - Configure WCF services using dependency injection. Apply AOP advice to WCF services.
- MSMQ integration - MSMQ helper classes to increase your productivity developing messaging applications. Provides integration with Spring's transaction management features.
- Apache ActiveMQ integration - Helper classes to increase your productivity developing messaging applications with ActiveMQ
- Quartz integration - Configure Quartz jobs, schedulers,
triggers using dependency injection. Convenience classes for implementing Quartz Jobs and integration with Spring's transaction management features.
- AOP New inheritance based AOP proxy generation.
- Performance Improvements in WebForm dependency injection.
- NHibernate 2.0.1 support.
Other notable new features in 1.2.0 RC1
Support for TIBCO EMS, Websphere MQ, and Progress SonicMQ will be made available commerically. Contact sales for more information.
Please refer to the changelog for additional details.
On Wednesday October 29th, join Ben Hale, SpringSource software engineer on the dm Server team, to get a hands-on overview of SpringSource dm Server 1.0. In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Install and configure the dm Server
- Build modular applications
- Create platform archives (PAR files)
- Perform fast iterative development & testing
This webinar is offered at two different times: 3pm CET for developers in Europe and 1pm EDT for developers in North America.
Spring Batch 2.0.0.M2 is now available. See the Spring Batch downloads page for more information - there is the usual .zip download and also Maven artifacts in S3.
Most work in this release went into the chunk-oriented approach to processing, which means changes to the ItemReader and ItemWriter interfaces, plus the introduction of the ItemProcessor as a top-level concern for translating between input and output items. Chunk-oriented processing is a key enabler for performance and scalability, as well as being much clearer for users in the extension points and interfaces (no more framework callbacks in business code).
The website has also been updated for the 2.0 milestones, and there is a new link to the current GA version on the site (1.1.x).
We continue to value very highly the feedback we get from the community and so if you have a chance to try it out, please do, and get back to us with questions and comments.
On Thursday October 16th, join Colin Sampaleanu, SpringSource co-founder and original Spring contributor, in this webinar to get a hands-on overview of SpringSource Enterprise, which includes certified, tested and indemnified Spring software coupled with advanced production and development capabilities and support. In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Development tools to inspect and review Spring code
- Ways to monitor and manage the Spring framework and SpringSource dm Server
- Tools available to analyze runtime errors and automatically lookup resolutions
- How to “open the black box” to monitor your Spring-powered applications more effectively
This webinar is offered at two different times: 3pm CEST for developers in Europe and 1pm EDT for developers in North America.
We're pleased to an announce the release of Spring Security 2.0.4.
This release contains minor bugfixes and improvements. There are also some changes to the security namespace so you should update to the new 2.0.4 schema file if necessary. There are also some documentation updates, including two new reference appendices in the manual - one describing the database schema used within Spring Security and one describing the elements and attributes in the namespace and how they map to underlying implementation classes.
| Reference Manual
| Web Site
Our monthly newsletter is packed full of techniques, tutorials, tips and tricks to get you on your way to Spring nirvana. View Archive